cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don’t have a mobile phone

Highlighted
Contributor

Don’t have a mobile phone

I can’t get access to my paypal because it wants me to add a mobile number. Problem is, I don’t have one. What on earth am I to do? How do I bypass this?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
New Community Member

Re: Don’t have a mobile phone

Has anyone found a solution to this ? I've just had a message from Paypal that - without a mobile phone - I will no longer be able to access my account ?

Hi @Bluwu and @roofgardener,

Thanks for posting in relation to this issue.

Unfortunately it is not currently possible to use PayPal without a mobile phone number attached to your account. This does not need to be a smartphone, a basic mobile will do. We use mobile verification as a means of confirming your identity when you are accessing your account.

Rachael 

Highlighted
New Community Member

I'm with OP, I dont have a mobile phone and i wont get one, not for paypal, not for any company and not even for my boss.

I dont want to be carying around a GPS tracking device everywhere I go constantly listening to what I say.

I dont want the governement to be able to access my life history of something I might has said or done in the past because they changed the law and no longer hold the same values as me.

I dont want to be a target of investigation and constant survalence because I know a friend whos brother married a girl and her father has ties to an underground drug ring.

I don't want people who are not my friend to be able to unsoliciatly contact me without my permission for the purpose of trying to sell me that new thing they do that i dont care about.

In the age of data, I dont exist.

Highlighted
Contributor

I don't own a mobile phone. The wife does, but I don't as I don't like one, want one, or need one. I do have a landline phone. I hope Paypal will/can do something about it as not everyone has them.