Does anyone know why I can't link my Visa-ISIC Debit card to my PayPal account?

Eagle42
Contributor
Contributor

Hey everyone! I've just applied for a debit card ( Type: VISA, Bank: BRD - Groupe Société Générale & ISIC  - which is basically a card for students whose age must be 14+ ) and I went to the bank to take it, right after it was created. I've first tried to link it to my PayPal account ( 2 days ago ) and I got an error message saying ( "Your card was declined by the issuing bank. please try a different card or contact your card issuer with questions." ). Before receiving the card, I asked the woman who's working at the Bank if I'll be able to perform online payments, as well as payments through PayPal etc.. and she confirmed it.

The balance is 0.00 RON at the moment ( Romanian currency ), meaning that it's empty. Also, I had to go with my mother, since I'm not 18 yet. That woman also asked my mother if she would like to renew her debit card ( from Maestro to Visa Standard ) and she agreed. Today I've tried to do the same thing, but this time, with my mother's card ( in this case, she had some money, not like me ). Fortunately, I was able to link it, but I wasn't able to confirm it ( so I could use it without spending or withdrawal limits ) because I got this error message right after I pressed the "Get Code" button ( Your card was declined by the issuing bank. Please try a different card or contact your card issuer with questions. ), which is the same message as the one I've gotten before.

That's how it looks like ( the ISIC card, not my mother's card ), the benefits are also mentioned be...

https://www.isic.ro/de-ce-merita-sa-iti-faci-cardul-brd-isic/

What should I do in this case? I don't think the online payments are blocked, since I was able to link the cards to my Google Account ( Google Pay to be more exact ), & I haven't received any error message. I really want to get them working ( I can already use my mom's card, but I can't confirm it 😕 )

I would really appreciate your support!                                                                                                                                                        Regards,

Cipu

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.