Does Paypal go an extra step to make your life hell? I only wanted to add a mail id

Octobersky
New Community Member

Why is everything so difficult to do with Paypal - I just wanted to add an email account, and have wasted 4 days, 35 min of international call and no resolution.

Upon adding a new mail account, it says that the mail id cannot be associated with an existing paypal account. However, when you add a new mail id, it asks you to confirm by logging into the paypal account. Its like a viscous circle.

Their call center never picks up, and I am sure they have selected the most incapable people to answer any queries. 

Is there a way to add an email, and does it need to have a paypal account or not?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Michael

Hello, @Octobersky. Thanks for taking the time to add your concern here on the PayPal Community Forum. I hope the following information is helpful.

It sounds like there may be a bit of a misunderstanding, however. If you are receiving an error message saying an email address can't be added to your existing PayPal account, that's probably because the email is already linked to a different PayPal account. Email addresses may be associated with only PayPal account at time.

If you wish to use an email address that's associated with a different PayPal account, you will first need to log on to the account it's currently linked to and remove it from that account. Once that's done, you may add the email address to a different PayPal account.

I hope this helps to clarify things. Please also check out the Help Center for more information. Click Help at the top or bottom of any page when you are logged on to your PayPal account. Thanks for your patience during this time.

Sincerely,

Michael

PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.