Do you know this guy with the email?

marklau
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All,

Someone hacked my PayPal account with  dbhc429615. He changed my password and removed my account limit. I found it at noon and reported to security team. Paypal security team fix my account.

But, I don't know how this guy hacked to my account. Did you get this issue at PayPal?

Thanks,

Mark

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@marklau 

Did you click on any links in emails that were 'supposed' to be from paypal and entered any account info?

Have you run an antivirus and antimalware scan on your computer?

Have you left your computer or phone anywhere with a saved password on it for paypal?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@marklau 

Did you click on any links in emails that were 'supposed' to be from paypal and entered any account info?

Have you run an antivirus and antimalware scan on your computer?

Have you left your computer or phone anywhere with a saved password on it for paypal?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

marklau
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the advices, I will check it. This guy's email ISP is China Telecom in Beijing. He hacked into my account in Maryland, US at 5:05 am 07/15/2021. He may leave his phone number at my account as Paypal told me ... Do we have a way to get this guy's more info or need to report the issue to some Depts such as FBI who may be interested at it?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.