Do not have mobile anymore

Jdrhelp
Contributor
Contributor
I don't have same mobile number anymore therefore I can not confirm my identity info. Tried doing the talk to customer service through messages and this person wasn't able to verify me and told me to call CS number did this and it's automated and just gives me the run around and when given the option to talk to human the prompt then says all CS reps are currently experiencing a high call volume and they don't know when they can get to me for me to call back OR LOGIN INTO MY ACCOUNT AND USE THE MESSAGES FUNCTION FOR THE BEST RESULTS🤔🤔🤔🤔😂😂😂😂 You're kidding me right??? The reasoning for even having to go through this mess is bc on my bank statement I have an unknown transaction made to PayPal. Bank says I have to start with PayPal first even though I don't know what or to whom or what for the transaction was made. So back to the question question at hand how do I login into my account if I don't have mobile number anymore. ***Also a lot of you are going to say well in order for you to even be able to post this question you had to have logged into your account to do such... I am not logged into my account I am logged into my wifes account because I COULDN'T FIND any other way to do this.... Plz someone help!!!
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jdrhelp 

Try:

1. Downloading the app to see if it will let you in to change / update it in the settings.

2. Use the forgotten password option.

3. Trying another browser that may let you in without phone verification (then change it when you have logged in).

4. Trying again another day when sometimes you can get in without doing the verification and then change the number.

5. Changing the password a few times sometimes works as it can bypass the phone verification.

If that does not work then you would need to contact customer services so that they can i.d. you another way and then add your new phone number to your account.

Contact options for Paypal at the moment are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Jdrhelp
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for the advice and tbh no I haven't tried any of those suggestions. However I am going to try each until I'm successfully in. Thank you
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.