Disabling One Touch devices does not work

brianfr12
Contributor
Contributor

Turning off One Touch does not work.

When disabling One Touch on the device in question, the device is removed on my profile but it still automatically signs in when making a purchase somewhere. More aggravating - I never even authorized One Touch on the device in the first place as it is a SHARED COMPUTER!!! How do I ACTUALLY disable One Touch now that it says it's disabled but it's actually not? I'm using the latest version of Safari.

Is there anything I can do besides just deleting my account at this point?  My account says One Touch is not enabled on any devices but it actually is and I've tried everything.  This is emergency that I need to have settled immediately.  I can't believe PayPal has such bad security on this feature.  Unacceptable for a payment processor.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

brianfr12
Contributor
Contributor

It turns out my login credentials were stored in my PayPal cookies so deleting those cookies solved the issue.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_JonK

Hello @brianfr12,

Sorry to hear you're running into some issues with One Touch. If the information in this following Help Center article on What is One Touch and how do I use it? isn't useful, I'd recommend reaching out to our Customer Support teams for assistance. You can reach Customer Support by clicking Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website. They're also available through Twitter direct message or Facebook instant message. 

Good luck!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too
Solved

brianfr12
Contributor
Contributor

It turns out my login credentials were stored in my PayPal cookies so deleting those cookies solved the issue.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.