Direct debit without my permission

Bevclarke
Contributor
Contributor
Why as paypal set up a direct debit without my permission it asked me to confirm my bank details not set up a direct debit without my permission just to do one bank trasfer I will have to contact my bank now as I have given no permission for a direct debit
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bevclarke 

When you add a bank account to paypal it sets up the direct debit mandate so that paypal can take authorised payments for any purchases you make (or pay your Ebay fees).
No company eg water/electric can take funds from your bank account on a regular basis without that direct debit.
However the amount shown is always the ''last'' transaction / amount that you paid to a seller via paypal.
You can't do a bank transfer if you don't set up a direct debit mandate !!!

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Bevclarke
Contributor
Contributor
Well the transfer as been done I am not a seller I am a buyer on ebay and ebay asked me to set up paypal for a returns postage I do not want or need a direct debit with paypal this was done without my permission why would I need a direct debit to transfer a payment that was sent to me I do not nedd a direct debit customer services is zero I have cancelled it with my bank as they refuse to answer me and they charged a fee the first time for money I received for returns postage but not the 2nd time I have only used it twice so why take 39p from £2.94 leaving me just £2.55 when I paid the £2.94 to return it shocking I can not get ebay customer services to answer me so I would never trust my paypal account for anything else I may as well close it down
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bevclarke 

ok, your welcome, bye.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Bevclarke
Contributor
Contributor
A fee was charged on a returns postage refund I received why ??? The 2nd time no charge I do not not understand why a seller refunding me for returns postage why would paypal reduce the amount it was for £2.94 I paid to return a item the seller was good enough to refund it to me ebay asked me to set up a paypal account just to receive this money so why did it go down to £2.55 when it was money I was owed but this happened a 2nd time with no charge so paypal had robbed me the first time
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.