Different Shipping addresses?

Ricketts223
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone - quick question - On my paypal account I have 2 shipping addresses. Both of these are Canadian. However, as I live near the US border, I have an additional US address for US shipping. If I order through an online merchant (the famous auction site for example, but others exist) and pay with paypal, Paypal shows several different addresses I can select from, including my US address. However if I go to my actual paypal account, it only shows my 2 Canadian addresses. The reason I ask is today I was trying to order an item, and when redirected to paypal to complete the purchase, it showed me having another address in Kentucky. Which I have never had before, and have never personally set up. I went to my paypal account thinking perhaps someone has hacked in, but it still only shows my 2 Canadian addresses. Any idea what is going on? Is this some kind of cross pollination between addresses used through the auction site and paypal?

Thanks for any help!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ricketts223 

The Kentucky address is likely the address of eBay's Global Shipping Program center operated by Pitney Bowes that sellers who ship by GSP ship to so GSP can do up the customs and repackage and ship the international leg of the shipment to you in Canada.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Ricketts223
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks - I was thinking it might have been the Global shipping address, that part might make sense. I still wonder how Paypal tracks and maintains their list of addresses though, like I said, my personal US shipping address (not the Kentucky one) is in there as well, but is not listed under my addresses when I log into my paypal acct.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.