Detailed view in Activity

Coltdogg
Contributor
Contributor

Where has the detailed view in "Activity" gone??

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

chas1954
Contributor
Contributor

It has been removed. I called yesterday(5-2-18) and requested to talk to a supervisor. He said it was removed, I said paypal is like a bank and banks "MUST" show the running balance to users. He said they was not a bank and did not have to show a running balance on the overview. He showed me a way to see it and I told him I am not going to "JUMP THRU HOOPS" to see my running balance after each transaction.

THIS IS BS.

Login to Me Too

Coltdogg
Contributor
Contributor
Hi. Thanks for the reply. This is crazy to remove it. You are absolutely right, you need a running balance on a statement. I can’t understand why they would remove it, unless they had to because they’re not a “bank”?? Lol. Thanks again.
Login to Me Too

StradtBuys
Contributor
Contributor

I have been using Detailed View to do reconciliation for the previous month. With this feature removed, I see no way to also see fees without getting the actual statement from PayPal, where the previous month (April) is still not available.

At this point, I'm fine with jumping through hoops just to get my job done. I've tried running reports, and neither Balance Affecting, nor All Transactions will show fees. What gives? I see no way to get this handled without adding a column with a formula to calculate the fees on sales. Is there any easier way around this?

Login to Me Too

deb888deb
New Community Member

Looks like it's gone.  I sent an email to support, and they told me that I can now print a report to see my running total.  I agree, BS!!  Is there a forum to complain?

Login to Me Too

StradtBuys
Contributor
Contributor

Hello deb888deb,

Depending on your needs, the reports you are able to run on demand may not show everything. Sorry if this is more detail than you actually need, but I figured I’d share in case it is useful to someone.

One thing I noticed is that while you do see the running total accurately, fees for incoming payments do not show. This meant additional difficulty when I was performing reconciliation for the previous month. To fix this, I opened the report in a spreadsheet app (I actually use Google Sheets) and added a column that would calculate the fees based on if the transaction was a payment. If anyone needs help with this, please reply.

The alternative to this would be to wait for PayPal to provide you with the previous month’s statement, which actually does break everything down. I have no idea how long this takes to show up as I have never needed to use it before.

Login to Me Too

chas1954
Contributor
Contributor

Here's why its been removed, IN MY OPINION.

PAYPAL doesn't want to make it easy to check that the balance is correct. That way they could, if they wanted, cheat us and miscalculate wrong balance and we wouldn't know it.

With a running balance showing everyone can easly check to make sure the balance is correct. With it gone you have to manually open each transactions and calculate each transaction.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.