Deleting my account

ais43
New Community Member

I have a limitation on my PayPal account that does not allow me to use it. I have decided to move on to another service, so I wanted to delete my account and have any information of this account erased, however it is not allowing me, claiming that there is a problem. I tried to remove my bank account as well, but ran into the same problem. I have tried on multiple accounts to try and resolve this issue, but to no avail. I even contacted the PayPal customer service, but to no response.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ais43 

Paypal limit your account to stop you closing it and removing any cards / bank account to try and use on another paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ais43 

Paypal limit your account to stop you closing it and removing any cards / bank account to try and use on another paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

deletemyaccoun8
New Community Member

I don't see how this was a good answer. Paypal is unable to resolve my issue and can only send me the same scripted advice time and time again. It asks me to upload documents but then won't accept them when I do. When I ask for a solution, I get the same scripted advice. It is clear no-one reads any of the information I have provided. And I'm not allowed to delete my own account. So, given paypal has the **bleep**test customer service team in the world, HOW DO I DELETE MY ACCOUNT?

Login to Me Too

Temp20220726am
New Community Member

Yep, can't completely delete my information either, which is complete bullshix. This is my data and my information. Not my fault that Paypal is getting surpassed by more modern, user-friendly, secure platforms out there. 

Login to Me Too

scarlettstrafor
New Community Member
this is not helpful at all
Login to Me Too

scarlettstrafor
New Community Member
no one is helping
Login to Me Too

britcroyates
New Community Member
Well I read through all this and still don't k kw how to delete it.
Login to Me Too

Exploit1
Contributor
Contributor
Please delete my account.
Login to Me Too

KaRnAGuRuNg
Contributor
Contributor
plz! i am not being able to close my paypal account plz help!
Login to Me Too

jgeorge93
Contributor
Contributor

I was going to post about the same situation but it looks like nobody from Paypal actually cares. I opened up a Paypal account 3 years ago in my home country. Recently moved to a different country; tried to send a big amount of money via Paypal, that triggered the account limitations BS. I can't prove my identity or whatever they want from me because I DON'T LIVE IN MY OLD COUNTRY ANYMORE. I can't delete the account and apparently, creating a new account is useless because my card is blocked too by those account limitations. An actual solution would be welcomed...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.