Deleted Address Bug Still Present - Address not listed but still used as default delivery address

Southclaws
Contributor
Contributor

Today I encountered a bug that I later discovered is actually 9 years old (assuming it's the same bug), see this topic: https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/My-account-settings-Archive/Old-Address-Still-Showing-Up/td-p/10...

Basically the same story for me except it wasn't Ebay, it was a brand new site that I had never purchased anything on before so that removes the explanation of the store itself storing the address. The address is also shown in the PayPal email that was sent after the transaction was made. So it's definitely data that exists within PayPal's infrastructure. The strange thing is, like people in the 9 year old topic, the old address is nowhere to be found in my address list or anywhere else in the PayPal account UI.

It's pretty frustrating to see that a known issue hasn't been addressed in 9 years of operation.

Anyway, nothing more than that. Just fix it, or at least bump it up your priority board 🙂 Hope I get my expensive camera gear re-routed to where I actually live...

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Southclaws 

Check and update any billing and shipping addresses at the merchant sites you buy from and pay with PayPal with. They could have passed the old address on to your PayPal payment and then added back to your PayPal account upon finalizing checkout.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Southclaws
Contributor
Contributor

> Basically the same story for me except it wasn't Ebay, it was a brand new site that I had never purchased anything on before so that removes the explanation of the store itself storing the address.

As I said, the site itself does not store any address information, it was acquired from PayPal.

To elaborate: The site only does transactions via PayPal, presumably to simplify their infrastructure. As a result, the site has no concept of registration, account management, logging in. Therefore, the bug is with PayPal itself and nothing to do with the site.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.