Delete Middle Name

Joash
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I would like to know if its possible to delete the middle name in my paypal. I accidentally placed it along with my first name.
I can provide a government ID for the first requirement but Im not married, and didn't have a legal change name (so I cant provide a deed poll either). 

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey Joash,

Great question! Yes, this can be done, but you'll need to contact us directly to have the name updated. I hope this helps! 🙂

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

YukesT
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,
I am having this issue as well.

It was not mentioned during sign-up that middle names would be revealed upon transaction, and I would not have found out had I not tested payment request with a close friend.

If this is a business account-only feature, I do not find it good practice to have middle names revealed without user consent for any account type.

@PayPal_AshleyM , is it possible to contact your superiors if users could be given the option to hide our middle names under settings?
I will list further points if required.

Thank you for reading and for considering.
A reply and solution would be greatly appreciated.
-yT
@Joash @Neko_Kotori @BroccoliRing +14 others

Login to Me Too

BroccoliRing
New Community Member
I called and was specifically told that customer support could do nothing, even considering that they were the ones who added it when verifying my email. Agent just kept trying to give me directions to change my name as though I had been married. Absolutely no help.
Login to Me Too

Neko_Kotori
New Community Member
I've had this exact issue. I updated my name after getting married and paypal decided to add my middle name without asking or having it prior. The person on the phone told me the best thing to do was make a new account. I've had my account for 10+ years!
Login to Me Too

mgmgmg
Contributor
Contributor

I wonder if anyone here successfully deleted middle name in their profile.

Please share the steps taken. Thank you.

Login to Me Too

YukesT
Contributor
Contributor

No luck on my end, no matter how much I try to fiddle with it.

There has been no word from @PayPal_AshleyM nor anybody on behalf of Paypal either.

I've tried to look for contact numbers to speak to someone directly despite what @BroccoliRing had dealt with; however, the link AshleyM provided and the Contact button would both simply redirect me to the search page.

I presume help lines are inactive due to Covid but it seems this help section has just been abandoned outright.

I think I will delete my account once I use up remaining change and find service elsewhere, although many aren't so lucky to have that option.
A shame. 😞

Login to Me Too

grrrrrrrrrrr
Contributor
Contributor
This must be a new issue as I’ve also had my account for over a decade without an issue and after changing my name due to marriage my postal address has my full name on it, which feels like a violation of my personal security. Very frustrating, as no one seems to have found a solution. Why anyone would think this is acceptable is beyond me... I think I’ll end up deleting my account too.
Login to Me Too

mgmgmg
Contributor
Contributor

I really hope this gets fixed. Why would paypal need to show our middle names? Why

Login to Me Too

Kevin343

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.