Debit card issue

Sachala
Contributor
Contributor
Ok my problem is slightly different, I was making a PayPal account for my sister and accidentally typed in a wrong email address and the linked her debit card to it, then later I saw that the email was not right, I was not able to remove the debit card so I completely closed down that account and created a new one. The problem is this account is not accepting the debit card saying it's linked to another account, what should I do to make this debit card to be linked to this account?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sachala 

You can have up to 8 email addresses on the 1 paypal account so all you had to do was add the correct one first > confirm it and make it primary and then remove the wrong one !!!! No need to have closed the account.

The only way to remove a card from a paypal account that is closed is to contact customer services and see if they can and will do so for you.

It would have been better to have asked on her first before closing the account hastily. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sachala 

You can have up to 8 email addresses on the 1 paypal account so all you had to do was add the correct one first > confirm it and make it primary and then remove the wrong one !!!! No need to have closed the account.

The only way to remove a card from a paypal account that is closed is to contact customer services and see if they can and will do so for you.

It would have been better to have asked on her first before closing the account hastily. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Sachala
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you.. I thought closing the account can resolve the problem.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.