Customer service unable to solve a basic thing

SubZeroID
Contributor
Contributor

Guys, help needed.

Customer service is a real headache, to be honest. A friend of mine is unable to reset her password and therefore needs help from customer service but she is unable to reach them out. So, she asked me to reach them as I am able to log in.

*Note: she cannot reset it herself as the phone number used does not exist anymore. She has access to her email of course. And when she tries to reset the password herself, she gets the verification code, enters it and then voila! - another verification code needs to be sent to an non-existing phone number in order to validate the reset.

Customer service says: "Your friend does not need to log into the account. Simply go to the PayPal website and go into contact us. There your friend can contact us as a guest on this messenger. "

I asked them several times how she should be able to do it when for any message sending or going to resolution center, you need to login.

Procedure:

Tell us about => PAssword and account access => Login problems => If you still cant reset your password, contact our Customer service. Click on Customer service and a new window opens. Tell us about...
When she tries Resolution center, she needs to login.
Eternal loop. Please fix this issue on your website and help us solve the logging issue

Please advise.

Thanks everyone!
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

uselessaccount7
New Community Member

I'm having the same issue. Thing is, they can't send the verification SMS through. I had to create a new account to get a hold of one customer support agent and then she tells me the exact same thing you were told. Stuck in this endless loop. Never would've thought that.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.