Credit card notifications

Hxnguyen
Contributor
Contributor

I just received my PayPal cashback MasterCard and was wondering if there was a way to get push notifications whenever anything is purchased with that card. I found an option in the PayPal app to turn notifications on when I “Buy something,” but I’m still not seeing any notifications come through after using the card...Is this because that option is in actually in regard to the PayPal debit card? Thanks in advance if anybody can help!

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Hxnguyen 

You should get a push notification and an email when using your PayPal cash card because a record of transaction is created in your account activity when it is used, granted when the correct settings are turned on.  On the app, there is a setting to turn on push notifications. There may be delays depending on your wifi connection signal though.

Your Android device will enable push notifications on the PayPal app by default. If you disable push notifications and want to re-enable the notification service, follow these steps:

1. Close the PayPal app and tap Settings.
  2. Scroll down to the Applications tab and tap the PayPal app.
  3. Enable Show Notifications.
  4. Close Settings and re-open the PayPal app to continue.

To enable push notifications on an iPhone:

1. Close the PayPal app and tap Settings.
  2. Tap Notifications.
  3. Make sure Allow Notifications is enabled.
  4. Set your notification options.
  5. Close Settings and re-open the PayPal app to continue.

Also logging on to your PayPal account via website, go to Account settings (gear icon) > Notifications to adjust the emails/alerts you get there.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Hxnguyen
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for the response! I have done all that, but am still not seeing notifications. 😕 To be clear, I’m looking for notifications for my PayPal Cash Back MasterCard CREDIT CARD. Is that different from the PayPal Cash Card you mentioned? My inclination is to think that the PayPal Cash Card you mentioned is the DEBIT CARD, and there may be no functionality in the app to receive push notifications for the credit card (hoping I’m wrong there). Would that assumption be correct? The credit card is issued by Synchrony Bank...so maybe it would have to go through them instead of PayPal?
Login to Me Too

xinyins
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same issue. I sent message several times, online chat one time, I got different answers. Finally I called, that lady said that PayPal Master card does not of notification feature 😞

I only received email when I chose the paperless statement option, it told me that I shall receive an email when statement is out, but I received nothing for last two statement cycles.

Login to Me Too

Hxnguyen
Contributor
Contributor

@xinyins 

Dang. I was hoping that wasn't the case, but it seems like it is the case.  Thanks for the confirmation.  😕
Login to Me Too

FlexEveryday
New Community Member

Same issue... they need to make this happen because i dont use this card enough bc of this reason id put all my spend cept i get more multiplers on food and gas so i dont use it for that, but if paypal wants me to use this card way more i need to see a notification on all my spend also faster push on all my payments i make and spend, capital one super fast payment posting and instant payment notications, paypal get on the ball!

Login to Me Too

Parnel
Contributor
Contributor
There’s no way I find yet to set up notifications for the PayPal cashback MasterCard even after talking to costumer service from both PayPal and synchrony bank. I set up a receive notifications for all my other PayPal accounts except the PayPal cash back MasterCard
Login to Me Too

svodme
Contributor
Contributor

It seems that they recently implemented alerts features. You can make it email you when a minimum of $1 is charged to your account.

Login to Me Too

Hxnguyen
Contributor
Contributor

@svodme After seeing your post, I went to their website to turn the notification on (at $1.00).  Unfortunately, I've made a couple purchases since then and still have not seen any notification via email (or of course, by app).  Has it been working properly for you?

Login to Me Too

svodme
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately, it hasn't been notifying me either, so at this point, it's just a cosmetic change. Hopefully they implement this properly soon.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.