Created a business account, a pain to close it

ManGar
Contributor
Contributor

Hello community.

I don't own a business or anything professional, but I believed I needed to create a Business account to be able to get money via donations. After doing so, it seemed that there was no way to give or confirm some personal information, hence being unable to use the account. However, I cannot close it because of "pending proceduces" (or whatever it's called in English). I cannot even disconnect my credit card from the account for some reason. When I try to contact the Support via email, I can't do it because the option I'm interested in ("Closing a Paypal account") doesn't allow me to do so - strangely it's the only one that doesn't allow me. All the information I have is from the notifications which basically ask for my information update (which I can't do anyway) until some weeks later.

What can I do? Should I contact them via different option in Help Center's options? Should I just wait? If I wait, will there be any consequences for my bank account or the credit card?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ManGar

Call PayPal customer service to downgrade your account to personal:

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

ManGar
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker wrote:

Call PayPal customer service to downgrade your account to personal:

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

I considered the downgrade, but instead of calling them I emailed them instead, explaining my situation and asking for a downgrade or, if possible, to close my account entirely. It's been two days with no reply from them.
Do I just ned to be patient or could there be something else going on?

Login to Me Too

ManGar
Contributor
Contributor

They haven't emailed me yet. All I received was another email that notified me about the unresolved issues with my account which, like I said here & to them, I can't do.

Should I email them again, if yes by what means? Is there any email adress I can use instead or using the default email receiving system in the Help section? I tried to call instead but I had to go through the procedure of registering of some sort - I don't exactly rememeber but I couldn't be bothered with it.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ManGar

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ManGar
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

Thank you for you suggestion. I tried to contact them there... but the replies were automated and I couldn't do anything.

I guess the only way is to let the account be entirely limited and eventually even be closed. I'm just concerned about my debit card. I use it in another, main Paypal account of mine with no problem. Will entirely limiting this account affect my other account bc of the connection to my card?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.