Costumer Service? Dpoes anybody work at PayPal?

SergioMir
New Community Member

Hi,

I have been trying to get in communication with Paypal since more than a week. I first needed to link my bank account but did not work, which I think i's due to my Paypal name not matching entirely with my Bank account name (I am Spanish and have who surnames while in Paypal it only shows one)

Because of this, I submitted a name update request (sending relevant documents) and I have been waiting since last Tuesday for someone to reply to this request. Everytime I open the hat to see how is this going or if the documents are valid or not .

Can anybody here give me advice? This i very frustrating. Is like Paypal has 0 people working, and no customer service department at all. As soon as I manage to get my money out I will find a more reliable service.

Thanks,

Sergio

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SergioMir 

Paypal can change names for a minor typo or for a legal name change and that can take weeks to complete.

The other reason that your bank account is being refused is are you trying to link a Spanish bank account to a UK paypal account?

Only paypal is country specific and you have to add a UK bank account to a UK paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi @SergioMir and welcome, 

@kernowlass is correct in saying that only certain types of name change requests can be completed. In some circumstances, if you have left out some of your names then this can be reviewed to see if it is possible. I would recommend to contact us directly so we can review this for you. You can contact us via Facebook or Twitter? It's https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter. You can also contact us by phone or email by clicking on the "Help & Contact" link at the bottom of any PayPal page. 

Thanks for your post,

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.