How do I close my account
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Annie4u
Contributor
Contributor

If you go to 'help' at the top of the page on PayPal.com and click on it, a menu will open and then if you scroll down the menu to 'My Account', click on My Account. Then look for 'Account Status and Verification', click on it. Scroll down the bottom of the menu and you'll see 'How do I close my PayPal account'. Click on that and you will see instructions. You can suspend your account instead if you want to come back to it later...   I'd like to say that PayPal is a great service and their accepted by a lot of business as a safe way to pay, not just Ebay! When I purchase online and the company accepts PayPal, I'd rather pay through PayPal even if I'm paying with my checking account (or credit cards) as an extra layer of protection. I can't tell you how many times PayPal has helped me with companies that took my money and didn't send my purchase! PayPal got my money back. Or when items are not as described, they got my money back. And those are businesses that have their own websites, not on Ebay purchases. Just my opinion...  take care!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

Annie4u
Contributor
Contributor

If you go to 'help' at the top of the page on PayPal.com and click on it, a menu will open and then if you scroll down the menu to 'My Account', click on My Account. Then look for 'Account Status and Verification', click on it. Scroll down the bottom of the menu and you'll see 'How do I close my PayPal account'. Click on that and you will see instructions. You can suspend your account instead if you want to come back to it later...   I'd like to say that PayPal is a great service and their accepted by a lot of business as a safe way to pay, not just Ebay! When I purchase online and the company accepts PayPal, I'd rather pay through PayPal even if I'm paying with my checking account (or credit cards) as an extra layer of protection. I can't tell you how many times PayPal has helped me with companies that took my money and didn't send my purchase! PayPal got my money back. Or when items are not as described, they got my money back. And those are businesses that have their own websites, not on Ebay purchases. Just my opinion...  take care!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.