Confirming Identity

jaylen0919
Contributor
Contributor

I just created this paypal because my friend wanted to help me get on my feet & sent me $100 but i cant accept the money because i cant confirm my identity, i just turned 18 on sept 19 so i dont have any tax forms or anything and my mom lost my social card when i was little(ik the number tho and already verified it with the account)....i have a ID but it expired on my birthday this year and the dmv has a long waiting list and it cost to get a new ID and Social....I was wondering if it was anything i could do to fix this problem i can easily prove that im me.....I have My Birth Certificate, Expired Driver Licence,High School Diploma,Court Documents...Mostly Everything I have is in my mom name since i just turned 18...If anybody could help me that would be wonderful :)ps im not sure if that would help but i have my moms card connected to the account bc i was trying to transfer it to her bank

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jaylen0919 

Proof of identity
The following is a list of acceptable documents you may provide:

• Government issued ID, such as a driver's license or passport
  • Employment authorization card
  • Permanent resident card

Proof of address
These documents must be dated within the last 3 months to be considered acceptable:

• Current utility bill dated within the last 3 months
  • Bank, credit card, or financial statement
  • Cell phone bill

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.