Confirm Mobile Number does not work

led333
New Community Member

I get a message at the top of my screen after I login that says "Confirm Your Mobile Phone".

I click on the link, then enter my mobile phone number and PayPal never sends me a 6-digit code that I need to enter. I click on Resend, and PayPal still does not send it.

I then went back and entered an alternate mobile phone number. Again, PayPal failed to send me a 6-digit code. Even, after requesting Resend.

Both of these phones can receive text messages. I verified this before and after by texting to each phone. My text did work.

Does the PayPal website have a bug? (happened on Tuesday, September 24, 2019)

Is there another way to confirm mobile number?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey @led333,

By chance, do you use T-Mobile? It's possible that you're not able to receive texts from 5- or 6-digit numbers for verification. This is something we see as a consistent issue related to T-Mobile users, but if you don't have T-Mobile it could still be affecting you. I would advise reaching out to your phone company to ensure you're able to receive these messages for verification and then try again. I hope this helps!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Partoredjo
Contributor
Contributor

I'm located outside the USA and my phone number starts with the country code for SR which is +597 .

Please advise how to proceed.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.