Compliance Verification Nightmare!

BK888
Contributor
Contributor

My pet nutrition company has had a PayPal business account for 10 years now without issue. I recently (February, 2019) bought my partner out of his shares of my business and for a few months now PayPal has decided to hold all the funds in the business account until verification questions could be answered.

The problem is, all the verification questions are geared towards my old partner, as he was the main contact for the account for years. Everything in that account has been changed (password, address, banking, etc.), but for some odd reason PayPal refuses to accept that my old partner is no longer the contact and is insisting they will continue to hold the finds until he is verified as the main contact???

I have uploaded all legal information - at least a dozen times now - proving that my old partner is no longer a part of the company and that I am the sole share-holder of the company. I have also called PayPal over a dozen times and every single time I finally get someone on the phone, they transfer me to the ‘so-called’ correct department and after an hour or more of waiting, I am met with a busy signal (in other words the department hangs up before they even speak to me) EVERY SINGLE TIME!

The one time I actually had a real live person pick up the line, she informed me that all I had to do was get a signed and dated letter from my old partner stating that he was no longer involved with the company and that he gave me permission to change the main contact person to myself. I followed her instructions to a tee and uploaded that letter directly to PayPal at the url she provided as well as by email several times and yet all I get back is the same following message (of course addressed to my old partner): Please log in to your account and check your notifications. Find the notification that asks you to confirm identity, and then follow the link to complete the process.
After we receive and review your documentation, we will notify you via email regarding the status of our review.

I have spent countless hours trying desperately to connect with the appropriate party at PayPal who can help me make this one simple change: to REMOVE a person that is no longer a part of this company in any capacity and replace me (the owner of the freakin business) as the main contact person, yet they won’t acknowledge this request and continue to HOLD my funds and place my business of over 10 years at jeopardy!

My case number is PP-007-979-451-779.

Can anyone stop this madness and HELP???

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

MRC4me
Contributor
Contributor

Totally agree.  I've been going through this for 2 months now.  They keep asking for the same details over and over again.  Nobody higher up to talk to ... Useless customer support on this issue.  I used to recommend Paypal as a processing platform, but not any more.

Login to Me Too

spinomike
New Community Member

I have just begun to go through this, they say it is complete but can't get it into my account- what should i do

Login to Me Too

Slater1Smith
New Community Member

I'm in the same hell. 

Escalations mean nothing. In my case, closed the old account in an attempt to get things right. No joy.
Keep asking for US IRS Name Change letter and I have NO idea what this is. 

I would pull my hair out - bit it's already gone since I started this odyssey yesterday. At 10 am. It's now 36 hours later. How the hell do they make money???

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.