Completely locked out of my paypal account

jppppppppp
New Community Member

*POSTING under another account since im locked out

When I login it just says "We could not confirm its you"

Things that happened.

1. A guy scammed me for only $5, and I could not find how to 'refund' so instead I clicked 'Report suspicious activity' hoping to be able to refund a transaction this way

2. Upon doing this, paypal made me change my password

3. Upon changing password, paypal kicked me out to log back in

4. When i logged back in, It now asked me to add a photo ID, which i did. Then it wanted to me verify with my phone number.

5. The phone number on file was incorrect, and an old phone number. I can not use it to verify, and there is no other option.

6. After messing around on the page for a bit, now It just says "We could not verify it is you" and thats all it says.

7. The name on the account also is just a company name, because I did not want people to see my real name.

The account has my bank linked to it, and my photo ID.

What now? The account has hundreds of dollars in it. I contacted paypal and they said theres nothing they can do. That I should just wait 'an unspecified amount of time, it could take months'

What the hell? I need my money immediately for my business. How have I managed to completely destroy my own account? This is absurd. What do I do?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.