Closure of account with my money

gachugi101muya
Contributor
Contributor
Paypal has failed me!!. Held over 5600$ For half a year ,Money for supporting a whole community in need of. Who does that!!with verified id and tried to verify my address i ended up having my account locked with the money means something fishy is going on and paypal aint reliable anymore.It would have been better if you asked me to refund the money or withdrawn and then you would close the account. You’ve torn me and those under my care apart and if it is not resolved dont expect any positive feedback or recomendation from us. 😭.if it takes 180 days to give back and resolve the problem,just expect 180 negative feedbacks,reviews and posts @paypal on all social medias.Why cant you stand out and give keen before holding personal money for half a year!! That is even against development of a whole republic because that money should be building taxpaying individuals and contribute to personal welfare and that of a countries at large in that duration whwn its beeing held. Unless @paypal benefits from this holds because i believe i wont get any dividends if the money is to come to me after the six months/180days.this is inhumanity in disguise and i condemn it an any possible way
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@gachugi101muya 

Paypal holds your funds for 180 days as that is the same time frame that buyers have to open paypal disputes.

So if no disputes are opened against you in 180 days then you are allowed to withdraw the funds as long as you are over 18, the account is in your legal name and registered in the country where you reside.

Sometimes Paypal request further documentation from you before you can withdraw those funds.

Your best bet is to wait until the phones are back up and running and then phone customer services so that you can speak to an agent.
Then they can help advise on how you can withdraw the funds if and when you are allowed to do so.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

gachugi101muya
Contributor
Contributor
For sure there are individuals assigned to hold money and dissapear just like that in paypal!!.In the first place if there are individuals @paypal who have all the time to hold all the 5600$ for six months in my account, why shouldn’t he/she be accountable to listen to my response, or ask for feedback from those responsible for sending me the funds instead of holding the funds for half a year!!.Where is the accountability there. Im from kenya and to speak the truth fellas depending on me are even starving because of believing in me,i think my worst mistake was channeling my trust on paypal to deliver. If at all i have to wait for coronavirus to end so that you can re-assign me direct help in resolving the “180 days” hold that im 101% sure i dont deserve then where is the humanity here??? Where is the vision you hold so dear and you cannot even differentiate between genuine transactions from others!!!No transparency at all just throwing holds to where it suits you best!!My account is solid proof!😡trust me ill tag along all @paypal officials and handles on social media untill i find justice. I have all the time, lets meet in social media then!!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@gachugi101muya 

Nothing to do with me, I just give you the facts, if you don't want to hear those facts then that is your issue and problem and not mine.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.