Closing paypal account without removing bank account

elliseleven1
New Community Member

Hi,

When I was looking up how to close my old paypal account, it said you must remove your bank and card details. I removed my card details okay, but I kept having trouble removing my bank account. It kept saying they weren't able to remove the account right now (I can't remember the exact wording). I checked to make sure if there was any pending transactions on my account or if my account had been limited in any way, and it hadn't. Today, though, after I couldn't remove my bank details again, I tried clicking close account to see if it would let me do that, even though I still had my bank details there. I assumed it wouldn't let me do that, but it did. I tried logging back in to my old account, and it's definitely closed. I'm relieved that I could close it, but I'm wondering if there will be any issues since some of my details are still there? Or will that get erased along with my account?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.