Closing my business account

WithManu
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I closed my business that is linked to my Paypal account. I am trying to close the account and it says it is not possible acause I have a negative balance I need to take care of. As far s I can see, I have a positive balance. Why is it happening? Furtermore, I would like to open a new account for my new business, but first I would like to know: 1. How can I close my old account (and why it says I have a negative balance when I see positive balance) 2. Can I change my business neame, email, bank accounts in my old account rather than openeing a new one? or is it beteer to open a new account for my new business? thank you in advance.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@WithManu 

You can't close an account with a positive or negative balance so spend or withdraw those funds first / remove all bank account and cards / cancel all subscriptions etc and then close it.

Yes you can change the name of your business.

https://www.paypal.com/th/smarthelp/article/FAQ705

Yes you can change your email address.

Go and click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > click on the + and add another/new email address first > verify it > go back and click on update and tick the box underneath that says make primary > then you should get the remove option by the old now no longer primary email. You can remove that one or leave it on as you can have up to 8 email addresses on the one paypal account.

Yes you can change any bank accounts or cards, just add any new ones and then remove the old.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.