Closing account

Whesly
New Community Member

I want to close my Paypal account and create a new one since I have a typo error on my account name. I've tried asking help however it's not yet changed until now.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

mdarrn
Contributor
Contributor

If something has gone wrong or you're having difficulty with your PayPal account PayPal Customer Service team are available to help you with any issue.

Before you close your account please be sure there’s no money in your PayPal balance and that your financial details have been removed. If there is a balance, withdraw the money to your bank account. Once your balance is zero, remove your bank and card details.

You may close your PayPal account by going to the website on a browser but not via the PayPal app.

To close your PayPal account:

1 Go to  Settings.

2 In the 'Account options' section, click Close your account and follow the steps.

PayPal may ask you to confirm ownership of the account before it can be closed.

Note: It’s not possible to reopen an account once it has been closed but you can sign up for a new account instead.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Whesly 

How do I change the name on my PayPal account?

You can change the name on your account if it's misspelled or if you've legally changed your name. It is not possible to change the name on your account to another person's name. If you have a Business account, you can change the contact name for your business.

Here’s how to change your name:

1. Click the Settings icon next to "Log out."
  2. Click Update below your name.
  3. Select your type of name change.
  4. Follow the instructions on the screen and click either Continue or Update Name.

Note that, depending on the type of name change, you may need to submit documentation for our review. It normally takes 3-5 business days for a review.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.