Closing Account

chetro
New Community Member

Hi all, I want to close my account but it does not let me. I have no financial information linked to my account. 

How do i proceed to close my account if it does not let me even though I am not allowed to use PayPal anymore. I have gone against the guidelines apparently.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@chetro 

If your account is permanently limited then you can't close it.

Paypal limit it to stop you removing any linked financial info and using that and any email addresses to try and open another paypal account against their rules.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
49 REPLIES 49
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@chetro 

If your account is permanently limited then you can't close it.

Paypal limit it to stop you removing any linked financial info and using that and any email addresses to try and open another paypal account against their rules.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Joseph169
Contributor
Contributor

I have been trying to close my account. It is almost 10 years now after a limitation (of which I have no clue of) was imposed but I still can't close it. As far I know there was nothing significant. Now people have started hacking into my account. My security is being compromised because PP has not closed the account. I can understand 1 or 2 years open for investigation but it has been almost 10 years now. What are my customer rights? What about my security? What if I pass away and people start making false claims? Is this fair on the customer? How do I resolve this?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Joseph169 

No idea, why not ask customer servicse?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

kclarin1
Contributor
Contributor
I have closed my PayPal account (or so I assumed) for years now, since I closed the bank linked to it. But I never got a Confirmation from PP that it's been closed. I still get occasional emails from PP, so I think it's not closed yet? I don't want any identity theft to happen. Reaching PP is hard, circuitous, time consuming. PP is not easy to connect with. Please help. Thanks in advance!
Login to Me Too

Suisei64
Contributor
Contributor
Yes I am having a total ball ache too . I reported unauthorised activity on my account and now they’ve closed the case with no explanation. I’m sorry that you’re also in a mess with the useless company. Fair play, when things are straightforward, PayPal can manage to deal with it ! I’m furious because, as you have shown in your reply, the security risks are real. Put it this wsy one way or another I’ll ditch this service . Absolutely hopeless.
Login to Me Too

axmhxr
Contributor
Contributor

then how can i close my pay-pal account or then what to do with this limited account so close it

Login to Me Too

uniman88rj
Contributor
Contributor
Yes I've never had an account or a business with PayPal I tried helping my friend out by selling some of his paintings but I never started a business or trying to sold any pains never borrowed any money from PayPal and put any money in PayPal never got to get any card from PayPal and they shortly close the account cuz they came back I got money from them but I never did and I can't prove that I did cuz I never did so I can't close my account and I'm probably stuck with it there I don't hell yeah that situation
Login to Me Too

dfredre
New Community Member

I have been hacked. I want to close my account. Message center tells me to call a number and the number says go to message center. Any Ideas?

Login to Me Too

sana386
Contributor
Contributor
I have been hacked. I want to close my account. Message center tells me to call a number and the number says go to message center. Worst experience
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.