Closing Account - Pending Transaction

ranuijames
New Community Member

It say's I can't close account " Pending Transaction"

However my Bank account show's the money was debit already,  I did previously dispute the

two payments as I didn't recieve what I paid for and the seller refused to acknowledge me. The

case went against me & the funds released.

I am so over this debacle I want to close my account, I have tried to reach out to Twitter Support

today and haven't received any acknowledgement, I even DM AskPayPal & Paypal Australia .

Does anyone have any idea how I can resolve this...

2018-04-29.png

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ranuijames

Although the funds may have left your bank account it could take a few days and up to a week before paypal receives them until then they are pending so you may have to wait 2-3 weeks for everything to clear.

Secondly check for any subscriptions that may be linked to that account, I can show you where it is on my account but it may be slightly different where you are but it may give you the gist.

Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments''.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

gubbymugster
Contributor
Contributor

I also have this problem which honestly makes me suspicious. I have completed all transactions including taking all funds out of the account, deleted cards, and removed all the prepayment methods from the source and here. So what's the hold up? In fact all I want to do is change my email address which is the reason i want to close and start again.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@gubbymugster 

Why do you need to close an account to change an email address?

You can have up to 8 email addresses on the 1 paypal account / use all of them for accepting payments into that account / change any of them to be your main primary email address >>>

Go and click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > click on the + and ''add'' another/new email address > verify it > go back and click on ''update'' and tick the box underneath that says ''make primary'' > then you should get the remove option by the old now longer primary email. You can remove that one or leave it on as you can have up to 8 email addresses on the one paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

MoritzD
Contributor
Contributor

I have the exact same issue as the original poster. Two years later and they still have not managed to help people solve this problem easier. 
I have cancelled all my subscriptions. Now it just says "there's a pending transaction". However I cannot see that transaction anywhere and it is quite frustrating. All I want to do is close my account because I moved countries.

Any help is much appreciated! 🙏🙂

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MoritzD 

You should really withdraw any funds / resolve issues / remove cards and bank accounts before you move countries. If you don't then you may have problems doing so once you have moved and may need to contact customer services for help to resolve things.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

MoritzD
Contributor
Contributor

Ok but I still do not know where I can see the alleged "pending transaction" because I have not purchased anything as of late and all my subscriptions are cancelled.

Thank you anyways! 😊

Login to Me Too

Fede93
Contributor
Contributor
I am also having the exact same issue😤 And this is something that I think could be completely illegal. According to the European GDPR Law they MUST close your account if you want it to be closed, because any online user has the right of anonymity and data deletion. ️ We are the owner of our data, not them. So PayPal fix this or I’ll sue you, because I am really really disappointed of your treatment that makes me lose time and patience. ️ Shouldn’t PayPal be easy and fast to use? Well then make the accounts’ closures faster because this is really outrageous.⚠️
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.