Closing Account Needs

Barb-342
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I had online fraud occur on my Paypal account due to computer hack back in June. I informed Paypal the very day it occurred. I had to show via PDF Paypal a police report, online fraud reporting information, Best Buy's funding and stopping the order, in addition to immediately canceling the credit card attached to Paypal for them to actually believe that this fraudulent activity (1 computer, which was refunded and did NOT go to my address nor to anyone I knew). Now, I would just like to cancel my account. There is nothing owed on this account, but they have my old credit card on the resolve piece this. I cannot get a code because I cancelled that card the day in June when this occured. I cannot resolve this issue because they cannot send me a code. As a result, I cannot close this account. I simply want nothing to do with Paypal ever again based on how they have treated me. I cannot and their message center NEVER answers my question. I also have tried adding a different card as my primary payment, hoping they would allow them to send me a code to that. It won't let me do that though. The resolve always uses the card I told Paypal I had closed. I closed it the day I informed Paypal of the fraudulent charge of a computer, within hours of the charge being made. The goal is to close my Paypal account. Please, please let me know how to best resolve this.

Best,
Barb

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Barb-342 

Paypal phones are mostly non operational since covid but sometimes you get lucky. (use the guest option if you can't log in).
If there is one available it will show when you click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available in your country.
Live chat is randomly available.
You can send them a message.
Or
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.