Close my account

jjwardy
Contributor
Contributor

Trying to close my account but its saying

"Before you close your account

We're sorry, there seems to be a problem. Please try again later."

it then takes me to a page where it asks me to upload photo ID which i dont have. ive never use the account for anything which is why im trying to remove it. did some digging and found a page that says

"You may have recently seen an alert in your PayPal account asking you to provide some information and documents to us to satisfy EU regulations. However, we only need that information once your PayPal account reaches the receiving limit of €2,500 (or currency equivalent), in total payments received. "

ive used paypal so why would i have reached that limit. how can i close my account without having to send Photo ID

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Randy

@jjwardy,

I recommend checking the PayPal account's Resolution Center to confirm if there are any unresolved issues impacting the ability to close the account.  If there are, you'll need to provide the requested information. 

- Randy

Login to Me Too

jjwardy
Contributor
Contributor
Then I'm just gonna leave it. Cos I can't provide the information it's asking for
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.