Close account

troyaaron
Contributor
Contributor
So I have tried to close my paypal account there was a refund from Paypal which has been credited to my account already and already transferred and credited to my bank account I’ve sent several messages to close account advised it’s not letting me close it and it says it can’t be closed? Why? The dispute was in my favor they refunded the money to my bank account and I’ve received it in my bank account already but why can’t I close it? There are no outstanding disputes and again money was already transferred so how do I get this closed? I can’t even remove my bank account information so I need help please
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

umsmsme
Contributor
Contributor

Good f-ing luck getting account closed. Been a week now that I've been trying. There is NO phone service any longer and the useless chat messages are sent by illiterates who have no knowledge of the issues whatsoever. In other words, paypal has NO customer service available at all. None.  Only solution is to close all accounts associated with the paypal account (checking, etc.) that you can't remove from your paypal account and then change all personal info on the paypal account to dead-end addresses so that no fraud activity can take place. That's my strategy. Let the dupes at paypal hold onto an account with a bogus email and bogus name and address and NO checking/credit card info that can be used in any way shape or form. Paypal no longer deserves to be trusted, at all. I hope the company dies. And I've been a satisfied customer since the very beginning circa '99. Except now the scum who own the company are dumping shares since they know the company is going down. Wish I could do something to take it down faster. Am hoping that a complaint with the FTC might be able to be filed, but the Better Business Bureaus in all locations where paypal has offices are probably the only available agencies for formal complaints.

Login to Me Too

troyaaron
Contributor
Contributor
Great only problem is that the account I use is one that retirement and va benefits go in! I guess I will just put a thing against paypal so they can’t withdraw
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.