Close account

Scottharry123
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, opened PayPal account 2004 at the time was new to iPad so husband did it for me so l could use eBay to sell and buy, but he put his name on account, have never given it a thought Till l got a message  limiting the account was selling off items from down sizing house.

they asked for prove of account and l sent them my details, which is when it all went cockeyed.l tried to explain but it’s very hard when you can not speak with so one ,was messaged to open new account in my name and close old one...which l have done but can not close old account down l have tried always to close it The problem is l can not use new PayPal on my eBay because the old one is still there..been trying for months now to solve this problem....help Yvonne 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Scottharry123 

When you list an item for sale on ebay all you have to do is change the email address to your own paypal account in the payments section and you new account would be credited.

Also you can change your ebay email address quite easily to your new one so not sure why you are stuck.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.