Close account, no longer have access

pamueller10
Contributor
Contributor

How can I Close an account for which I no longer have the login information? I cannot create a new account as the linked information is still the same; e-mail, bank, etc.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

xXIlIlIlIlIXx
Contributor
Contributor

Hey Pamueller10 👋

So after reading your post I sort of got confused but I think i have it, You are saying that you no longer have the Email and Password to the PayPal that has your Bank and Debit/Credit Card linked to it. if so I unfortunately have to say that you will not be able to close it as PayPal has strict rules they have to follow and its unfortunate because I WENT THROUGH THE SAME THING and I had to make an appointment with the bank to get a new Debit Card and ask them to make me a new Bank account with a new Bank Account Number so I would be able to link them to my new PayPal.

Its Unfortunate but very easy to fix! if you have the E-Mail to the PayPal but not the password I'd recommend to go to the login page of PayPal and click on the "Forgot Password" and type in your email to receive a a email with a link to reset your password and then either unlink the Financial Accounts/Cards and make a new PayPal or Continue using that one up to you!

#DontWorry

Best Of Luck 🥂

Login to Me Too

pamueller10
Contributor
Contributor
This is not an option, as too many other things are linked to E-mail and financial information.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.