Check out shows old shipping addresses, but these don't appear on my Paypal account

antonysmith
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

On my Paypal account I just have two shipping addresses, one is my home and main account address, the other is my workplace.  However when I use Paypal to pay for something the checkout process lists a whole load of other addresses, some are variations of our correct address but some are previous addresses that I removed from the  Paypal account.  Does anyone know how to get rid of this unwanted and/or incorrect addresses?   Obviously I can't do so from the normal Paypal, as it only lists the two correct addresses.

Thanks,

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

antonysmith
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal customer services were able to delete these incorrect addresses.  She said there was a huge list, and very concerningly these included a house we moved out of in 2012 and one we left in 2007, and she said that these were shown as confirmed valid ship-to addresses for my account.

She had no explanation for why these we being retained, why they were still being treated as valid even after the account holder has removed them from the account.

This seems to me to be a huge security hole.  I suggest every Paypal account holder should consider contacting Paypal to find out exactly what personal information they're holding behind the scenes and outside your control

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.