Changing phone number outside USA

Sertao
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I'm from the USA but spending a few months exploring Southeast Asia. How do I change my phone number with PayPal so they have my current number in another country? Every time I try to enter it I get "Invalid Phone Number".

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sertao 

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / and bank accounts from within that country.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Sertao
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the response. But I didn’t move, I’m traveling. My home address is the same. When a person travels to a different county they purchase a SIM card so they can use their smart phone. How do I get PayPal to allow me to use that number?

Using my home country mobile number is useless as I’m not there. And using that number in another country would create insane charges. I find it hard to believe that I’m the only person who has wanted to use PayPal while traveling abroad. There must be a solution. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sertao 

Most folks that i know that travel use the same phone worldwide, I know that I do, why would you need another SIM?

I phoned from Russia last May and Cuba a few months earlier from my same phone AND bought stuff from Ebay.

I had to submit a verification code when i paid with paypal to prove it was me that was using my paypal linked phone in another country but after that all was fine.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Tado832020
New Community Member

Hi Sertao, I'm having the same problem and their service its really bad.

did you find a way trough this? it will be greatly appreciated 

Thanks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.