Changing my name

loveslave46176
Contributor
Contributor
I recently got married and have slowly been finding more places that I need to change my name on. This being one. However I can't find where I do that at. Any helpers? I went into account settings and looked around there. That only allows change to bank account info address and stuff like that. Nowhere do I see for name change.
Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@toolmantodd

Seems as if what i said WAS correct as the original poster has stated that their name change was successfully completed just as i had advised her it would be.

You were the one that came on this thread and told her that she would have problems just because you appeared to.

I then responded stating that most people managed it quite easily and you said and i quote "We will see if what you say is correct!?"

Well as the original poster came back and confirmed she successfully changed her name IN THREE DAYS it appears that i was correct !!!! So she was not "living a nightmare" as you suggested nor was anyone else on this thread. 

No arrogance in it, you were wrong and I was correct as she successfully changed her name as advised. You were the sarcastic one suggesting my info was wrong just because you could not manage what others found easy.

Bye

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

toolmantodd
Contributor
Contributor

Going in to Social Security and giving them my marriage certificate and driver's license was easy.  Going in to the DMV with my marriage license and social security card to get my new license was easy.  Going in to my banks and giving them my driver's license was easy.  Ebay was the easiest.  Going in to my fitness club was easy.  The list goes on and on......until PayPal!! 

When you posted that you were "correct" and my name had been changed, you were not only wrong, but you lied.

After seeing you had posted how you were correct, I logged on to PayPal only to find they still had NOT changed my name.  I followed their instructions to a T.  I uploaded my marriage certificate and driver's license as PayPal had directed.  I called them 2 days later to find out why my name had not been changed and to ask why I received no email, text, call or any form of communication  I was assurred that everything was ok and they had all the information they needed.  I then received an email from PayPal explaining to me why they could NOT change my name.  I responded twice to that email without receiving anymore communication from PayPal whatsoever.  I decided to call PayPal again last Sunday in hopes of hearing something positive about them changing my name.  After getting the runaround yet again, and answering a ton of security questions with the first lady on the phone, I was put through to a man who assured me in less than 48 hours, my name would be updated.

That 48 hours came and went without PayPal updating my name on my account......yet again.  When I got out of bed on Wednesday morning, I see there was a response from you claiming to be "correct" so I was hopeful my name had been changed.  Again when I logged in to PayPal, it still was NOT changed.  I suggest you stop telling PayPal how easy it is to change your name and boasting about how "correct" you are when in fact, you were wrong on both counts.

I called PayPal yet again and got the usual runaround and a ton of security questions again.  I demanded to speak with a supervisor for which I was informed there were none around.  The man I was speaking with insisted there was a "glitch" in their system, but he was doing all he could to fix it.  After supposedly updating my name, he tells me 3 times to log out and log back in.....only to see it still was not updated.  That man kept telling me to take his word, and "let me assure you". 

Is my name finally changed, yes.  Was it changed when you said it was, NO it was not.  Pulling an impacted wisdom tooth was easier than changing my name with PayPal.  This forum is a community forum, meaning that all of us are allowed to give our opinions or experiences.  You have no idea what I had to endure in order to make this happen, and you have no place coming on here telling people you are "correct", implying that I have lied or am lying.

I would appreciate it if you just stuck to your own experiences, and would cease telling these people falsehoods based on what you think or thought was "correct".

Login to Me Too

toolmantodd
Contributor
Contributor

Trust me when I tell you this:

I have changed my name with 3 banks, social security, FL dmv, my gym, facebook, ebay, my doctor, my employer, my pharmacy, my credit cards, passport, BJ's, and the list goes on.  PayPal has been the worst and most difficult experience of them all!!  Their communication and inability to change my name has been the biggest nightmare, and is ridiculous!!!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

OK but you seem to be the only one having the problem, have you read the process in the help section and have you provided the information they require??

Have you phoned them to ask what the problem is??

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

toolmantodd
Contributor
Contributor

Yes.  I  made several calls & spoke with at least 6 different people.  It took 3 weeks to get my name changed.  This is a thread for people to voice their experiences.  You unsuccessfully have tried to void my experiences with your arrogance.  You were not helpful, and your smart remarks have just been annoying.  Not everyone will have the same experiences and for you to tell me how mine actually was is just wrong.  I did everything by the book (and policies according to paypal).  Paypal dropped the ball on many occasions and made my experience a nightmare.  Your snotty little comments along the way did NOT help, and you should be more considerate and understanding when you make them.

Login to Me Too

Samantha_C
Contributor
Contributor

I'm not able to change my name either and I believe by trying to I've had my account limited?

So they need documents now that aren't valid because I've changed my name obviously.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.