Changing my name

loveslave46176
Contributor
Contributor
I recently got married and have slowly been finding more places that I need to change my name on. This being one. However I can't find where I do that at. Any helpers? I went into account settings and looked around there. That only allows change to bank account info address and stuff like that. Nowhere do I see for name change.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

I went to HELP top of every paypal page and put in "name change" and this came up.

How do I change the name on my PayPal account.

You can change the name on your account if it's misspelled or if you've legally changed your name. If you have a business account, you can change the contact name for your business. However, it is not possible to change the name on your account to another person's name.

Here’s how you can change your name:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click Profile (cog next to log out).
  3. Click Edit beside "Name."
  4. Select the appropriate option and click Continue.
  5. Follow the instructions to change your name.

If you’re changing your business contact name or have legally changed your name, you will need to submit documentation for our review. It normally takes 3-5 business days for a review.

I give up my time to help you so a thank you or kudos would be cool.

Marking one of my replies as a solution would be appreciated if I sorted your problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

I went to HELP top of every paypal page and put in "name change" and this came up.

How do I change the name on my PayPal account.

You can change the name on your account if it's misspelled or if you've legally changed your name. If you have a business account, you can change the contact name for your business. However, it is not possible to change the name on your account to another person's name.

Here’s how you can change your name:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click Profile (cog next to log out).
  3. Click Edit beside "Name."
  4. Select the appropriate option and click Continue.
  5. Follow the instructions to change your name.

If you’re changing your business contact name or have legally changed your name, you will need to submit documentation for our review. It normally takes 3-5 business days for a review.

I give up my time to help you so a thank you or kudos would be cool.

Marking one of my replies as a solution would be appreciated if I sorted your problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

loveslave46176
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for the help! I had to get on my home PC and do it cause it was not showing on my phone. Got it all done and taken care of. Very much appreciated.
Login to Me Too

toolmantodd
Contributor
Contributor

I got married over 2 years ago in NY when my home state of FL wouldn't recognize my marriage.  I accepted my husband's surname, and I completely feel your pain about finding yet another site you need to change your name on!!  Paypal has not been helpful to me at all regarding this issue.  I requested the name change and uploaded my marriage certificate and driver's license.  I called the next day to ensure they had received my information and that it would be changed.  They explained to me there were no problems and it would be taken care of.  The next day I received an email telling me they couldn't change it.  I responded to that email and have never heard back from PayPal, nor have they updated my name on their system.

Best of luck to you!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Normally takes 7-10 days if you have provided all the info.

Loads of people do it every week.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

toolmantodd
Contributor
Contributor

We will see if what you say is correct!?  Out of all the people, places, and businesses I have had to change my name with, PayPal and Bank of America have been the two hardest ones to change my name with.  Bank of America still refuses to change my name after faxing them my info, going into a banking center, and several calls.  My vehicle loan will be paid in 3 months with them, and they still refuse to change it.  After talking with the DMV, they told me it doesn't matter what Bank of America says because they have the correct information.  PayPal has not made this easy at all.  They tell me one thing on the phone, then send me one email telling me they can't do it.  When I spoke with the lady on the phone, she assured me that they had received my uploads with the marriage certificate and driver's license and that all would be taken care of.  However, the next day I received that one email stating they could not change it.  After replying to that email twice, I have yet to hear another thing from PayPal.  It is more than frustrating.  It has become ridiculous.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

I can only speak from experience of myself (when i did it), and 2 friends that did it and all of us took under 2 weeks.

Also from the threads on here that i have responded to others have said it took them only a few weeks.

I can't speak for your problem as i don't know what it was and was only adding on my second response in answer to the original poster.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

loveslave46176
Contributor
Contributor
Well it actually got done. Was kind of skeptical with everyone's comments but in just a couple days my name is changed. Sorry everyone is having such a hard time.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

It was only 1 person that said that they couldn't do it and said they had a problem.

Most people sort it out within a week just as you did.   Smiley Happy

@toolmantodd

We will see if what you say is correct!? 

Seems as if i was     Smiley Wink

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

toolmantodd
Contributor
Contributor

I am not sure where your arroagance stems from, but your responses have been INCORRECT and not helpful.  I am glad to see that other people are living the same stupid nightmare I have been.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.