downgradde from business account to personal ?

beaniemama
New Community Member

is there any way i can do this ? i cant seem to find an option 

Login to Me Too
591 REPLIES 591

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jellybean18

Yes as long as the echeque has 'cleared' you are ok to send the tickets, can be up to 5-7 working days to clear though.

However I don't find many buyers use that option.

Yes, they should be open now so keep trying as that is the best way to contact them.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

JustinBLF
Contributor
Contributor

I need to change mine back as well but when I click the help/contact button it takes me to a page where I still can't contact anyone.

Login to Me Too

missshierine
Contributor
Contributor
How can I change my business accnt to personal account? Does anyone know?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@missshierine 

There is no automatic way to downgrade a business account to a personal account, you have to contact customer services and they will do that for you.
You can click on help / contact bottom left of every Paypal page for contact options for your country.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

missshierine
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you so much.
Login to Me Too

Mohammad42
New Community Member

i want To back to personal account pls 
i need Help and thanks
to help.

Login to Me Too

TwoSameBoys
Contributor
Contributor

I want to change my business account to personal, please help me

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TwoSameBoys

There is no automatic way to downgrade a business account to a personal account, you have to contact customer services and they will do that for you.
You can click on help / contact bottom left of every Paypal page for contact options for your country.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Temp20230515C
New Community Member

I was curious so I changed my account to the business type because pay-pal recommended it and I do not like it and I want to go back is there any way I could do that ?

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
To my knowledge you cannot downgrade an account. At least not without some special hookup from somebody that just happens to be able to do it for you. Calling or emailing with general support won't get it done in my experience.

If you want a personal account I would recommend creating a new one. Leave that one as personal hooked up to any personal accounts you have, and then use your current one as a business account hooked up to any business accounts you have. It shouldn't take long to adjust the account(s) in each one accordingly and be right where you need to be.

It's worth a try calling if you want to, but again, I just haven't seen much luck with downgrading accounts once they've been upgraded to business.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.