downgradde from business account to personal ?

beaniemama
New Community Member

is there any way i can do this ? i cant seem to find an option 

Login to Me Too
591 REPLIES 591

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@shrouk4

There is no automatic way to downgrade a business account to a personal account, you have to contact customer services and they will do that for you.

Click help / contact bottom left of any paypal page for contact options in your country. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Guo1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I am going to downgrade my paypal account to personal because I have no business license. I had sent my email to paypal for my request 4 days ago. but I didn't get some response. Can anyone help me?
Thanks.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Guo1

Phone for an update?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

katiestylist42
New Community Member
how do I make my account not a business account anymore and make it personal or normal?
Login to Me Too

sajid2
New Community Member

Actually I was opening individual account but ended up on business account . Now what I should do..... actually I am freelancer and I am being paid mostly in USA dollar so which account should be best for me. and how can I change my business account into individual account.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sajid2

There is no automatic way to downgrade a business account to a personal account, you have to contact customer services and they will do that for you.
You can click on help / contact bottom left of every Paypal page for contact options for your country.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Jellybean18

i am trying to sell 3 tickets at face value on the Twickets website. I have linked to PayPal as instructed.

They advise you need to block payment by echeques and advise you to change your PayPal account to business and check the block echeques box.i have done this but received an email to say my business account was not fully completed as I had to provide details of my business.

Obviously I am not a business user and have followed the instructions to put mtpy name as business type.

All I want to do now is change my account back to personal. But there is not an option on my settings to do this. There is an option to close account. All I want to do is block echeques.

I know if someone paid by echeques I would need to wait a long time for money to clear. I would appreciate any advice.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jellybean18

The block echeque option seems to have disappeared and one of the moderators was going to check for me if they have withdrawn that option.

But it used to be available on personal and business accounts so there was no need for you to upgrade and if you did then you should have used the 'individual' pathway.

Personally I prefer echeques as no risk of a chargeback but for 'time specific' events like tickets I can understand you need the payment more quickly to clear.

You can click on help / contact bottom left of every Paypal page for contact options for your country.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Jellybean18

Thank you for your reply.It was very helpful. I was only changing to business account as Twickets put on their website to make sure you block echeques by making account business as there is not another way of doing it. I think I will phone PayPal and then I can revert back to personal. So basically you are saying that Echeque would be ok? How long would it be for clearance this way before I sent the tickets. The tickets are for 20/10/18 so I should have time. 

Login to Me Too

Jellybean18

I have tried to contact PayPal on 0800 number. Put in my one off code etc automated message says opening times which is now and asks  me to call them back during these times which are now. When is the best time to call them. Tried twice and same reply.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.