Changing all account details: address, phone number, bank

Lit11Yas

Hi Guys,

I need help to understand how to change my account details. My account was registered in Singapore (as a business account) and linked to Singapore bank, mailing address and phone number. 

Now, I moved to Canada. I tried to update my account details but seems that it is not possible.

When I tried to link it to the Canadian bank account, the page said that I can only choose a bank with Singapore dollars and there is no option to change that. 

When I tried to change the phone number, I got a message that the verification code cannot be delivered.

And when I tried to change the address, once I enter a canadian postal code, it gets highlighted in red with a red triangle next to it, and there is no option to choose a country.

What am I doing wrong?

Is there a way to change all my account details to a new country? 

Thank you. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lit11Yas 

An email address identifies your paypal account so if you are opening a new account then you need a different email address or it will revert to your old one won't it.

Secondly you are only allowed 2 paypal accounts if x1 is personal and the other is business, so best to close the old one if you can BUT make sure you remove all cards / cancel subscriptions etc first.

Lastly if you used the old account to buy items in another currency then it would be sent to your old address wouldn't it as you can't change an address on a paypal account to an international address which is why you are getting the problem in the first place.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lit11Yas 

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.

You are supposed to withdraw any funds / resolve issues / remove cards and bank accounts before you leave your old country. If you don't then you may have problems doing so once you have moved.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Lit11Yas

Thank you, I didn't know that.

Do I need to close the old Paypal account?

Actually, I still use it occasionally making purchases in SGD... Or, I'm not supposed to use it anymore once I moved country?

I am trying to create a new Paypal account now, but every time I click "Sign up", it takes me to my Singapore account. That made me think that I should delete the old account first?

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lit11Yas 

An email address identifies your paypal account so if you are opening a new account then you need a different email address or it will revert to your old one won't it.

Secondly you are only allowed 2 paypal accounts if x1 is personal and the other is business, so best to close the old one if you can BUT make sure you remove all cards / cancel subscriptions etc first.

Lastly if you used the old account to buy items in another currency then it would be sent to your old address wouldn't it as you can't change an address on a paypal account to an international address which is why you are getting the problem in the first place.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Lit11Yas

Thank you for your reply.

I managed to close it and now opening a new, Canada, account. 

As to your last statement, actually, I sometimes used Singapore PayPal account to buy items and get them shipped to Canada and never had any problems with it. Maybe I was just lucky. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.