Changing Paypal name

BrandonWard1227
Contributor
Contributor

Hello!

I sent in a change name request on paypal , as it shows as my middle name and last name , and i messed that up. when signing up for paypal , i regretfully named my first name , "Joseph" which is my middle name , and my Last name my last name , so i just messed up a bit and switched things around lol.

I sent in a change request about 2 days ago and no response. and provided my id , and bank statement etc , i forgot extactly what they asked me for , but i gave it all to them , showing all my info and first middle and last name 

i have around $150 on hold from a ebay transaction , im hoping paypal dosent **bleep** me over 

So... my qustion is : 

How long does it take for them to email me back about the name change?

and will me doing this jeporidze my money on hold?? i get notifications in my paypal saying i need to verify my identity with my ssn , which is fine , but my ssn wont match with the paypal name since i used my middle name and **bleep** up. 

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BrandonWard1227 

I was addressing the bit about how it may/could jeopardize your money on hold. Don't know how long it will take, frankly. Especially these days with limited staffing. They never even said prior to the virus situation. Account limitations and identity verification can take 3-5 days but it can vary depending on each specific case.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BrandonWard1227 

The hold is a run of the mill formality and should be released to your PayPal balance once delivery can be confirmed by eBay:

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/service-and-payments/funds-availability.html

If your PayPal balance has not been hooked up with a PayPal Cash or Cash Plus balance account, you may have to deal with this issue 

Policy updates and user agreement changes to Personal PayPal accounts

What can I do with my personal PayPal account, PayPal Cash account or PayPal Cash Plus account?

which means you do have to fix your name so you can add/verify your SSN and/or your linked bank account to transfer the money to from PayPal but at least the funds will be released to you or held awaiting for you to Accept, if it comes to that, until they process your name change.

If something goes wrong with the transaction within 21 days and your buyer want to return and get a refund, the funds will be there to cover the refund.

Login to Me Too

BrandonWard1227
Contributor
Contributor

none of that was retaining to what i had asked...

I asked how long does it take before they let me change my name , since i already gave them the needed photos to proceed

and will this have any affecting over my money on hold

Login to Me Too
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BrandonWard1227 

I was addressing the bit about how it may/could jeopardize your money on hold. Don't know how long it will take, frankly. Especially these days with limited staffing. They never even said prior to the virus situation. Account limitations and identity verification can take 3-5 days but it can vary depending on each specific case.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.