Changing My PayPal Account Name to a Username

pxlize
Contributor
Contributor

I would really like to use my personal account for internet related purposes, but I don't want people seeing my real name when I pay/get paid.

Is it in any way possible to change my current account name (Which is my real name) to pxlize (My username).

I wouldn't like to create a whole separate business account just to hide my name.

If someone could help me out, that would be greatly appreciated!

~pxlize

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

pxlize
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks!

That isn't very good news for me, but at least my question is answered. It's a good point your providing. However, I personally think that it would be a good feature if PayPal added usernames that masked your current real name, and if the recipient suspected fraud, they could ask PayPal directly for the persons real info.

Again, thank you for responding and have a good night/Christmas!

~pxlize

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@pxlize

No, there is no option to change your real name to a username, nor is there a screen name/username function. With anti-money laundering, anti-terrorism funding, patriot act and other security regulations PayPal require use of real names. If you are buying something, the seller would need real information anyway so they can fulfill your order.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too
Solved

pxlize
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks!

That isn't very good news for me, but at least my question is answered. It's a good point your providing. However, I personally think that it would be a good feature if PayPal added usernames that masked your current real name, and if the recipient suspected fraud, they could ask PayPal directly for the persons real info.

Again, thank you for responding and have a good night/Christmas!

~pxlize

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.