Changing Credit card number

Rick_Richard
New Community Member
I am officially Richard but I signed up as Rick. The name on my old credit card and my new credit card is Richard but you want my passport and company letterhead showing my nickname. Not possible as all official documents has my official name. This wasn’t a problem for the past 6 years until I lose my wallet thus changing my credit card number. You took my new credit card info no problem. I’ve been Rick in your system since day one but now you want an official document with my nickname on it to prove ... what.... I’m not someone else who wants to pay my bills? I sent the documents requested but neither say Rick. I then tried to change my name on the PayPal account but that just set alarms off. Code Red don’t ya know! There are many people who respond to Rick that are officially Richard, their given name. Both Rick and Richard have the same home address, business address, banking information, telephone numbers (plural) middle name, surname and date of birth but PayPal needs me to photoshop a company letterhead that says “RICK”. Since I own the company I can do this but so can anyone on the planet but frankly I’m sick of PayPal boasting best security practices when it is pure and absolute, unadulterated **bleep**. Letterhead you say. To secure my account you say? Sure. Let me get out my crayons.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
This is such **bleep** I can't change the number either! My card got lost on here and now it has limitations on it so I can't confirm the credit card number because it's wrong and has been since updated. I'm so annoyed
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.