Changed phone number and cannot get the 2 factor authentication text.

Enehamkin
New Community Member

I am posting this for my wife because as the post title suggests she cannot get into her account. She got her number changed and cannot recieve her security texts. When she called pay-pal support they said they cant get her new phone number to work because the billing address of the number and our home address are different. Our phones are part of a family plan to my mothers address. Her original phone number was the same. Part of my mothers account. The customer service rep is telling us that we have to change the billing address on the cell phone account in order to fix the problem. This wasn't an issue before, why is it a problem now ? She is expecting payments and we need access to her funds. Any one have a similar problem ?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Taras78
New Community Member

Hello everybody,

did u manage to solve this issue? I changed phone number and I cannot pass the second factor authenticator

Regards

Marco Orlando

Login to Me Too

JanineC1
Contributor
Contributor

Its virtually impossible to get into your account if you have changed a mobile number. does anyone know the paypal email address for customer service. I have spent an hour trying to find this.

I have a change of name, number and country but because my email address is the same impossible to set up a new account.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JanineC1 

@Enehamkin 

@Taras78 

Try downloading the app and changing the phone number via settings / using the forgotten password option / trying again another day when sometimes you can get in without doing the verification and then you can go and change the number.

If that does not work then you would need to contact customer services so that they can i.d. you another way and then add your new phone number to your account.

Paypal phones are mostly non operational since covid but sometimes you get lucky. (use the guest option if you can't log in).
If there is one available it will show when you click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available in your country.
Live chat is randomly available.
You can send them a message.
Or
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.