Changed name legally and changed on Paypal account - All bank transactions showing dead name

Kaiyote
Contributor
Contributor

So I changed my name on my Paypal account months ago. However when I get automatic payments, buy something or get paid my dead name is showing on bank statements. I can't have a name I don't acknowledge as mine showing up when I pay people. They told me if I remove all my accounts and re-add them it should fix it but when I tried to re-add them it didn't ask for deposits to confirm so I'm worried it'll still be transmitting my dead name. How can I make sure what is being sent id my correct actual legal name?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPalMichelleW

Hi @Kaiyote,

I'm sorry to hear that the incorrect name is appearing on your transactions.  For this situation, I would suggest you contact us to provide additional details.  To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by Facebook or Twitter.  I hope this helps.

Thanks!

MichelleW

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.