Changed bank account

thenoname
Contributor
Contributor

About 10 weeks ago I had to change my bank account for personal reasons

It took a long time and quite a few phone calls to paypal to get them to stop trying to refund money into the closed account.

Finally they saw the light of day and changed everything.

However today I had a refund from a seller who I paid in October last year on the old non-existent account.

So what have papal gone and done. tried to pay it to the original source and it is now lost in limbo!

I managed to get through to them and the guy who I spoke to was really quite naive and snigger's after I had a pop at him because he kept saying that Paypal policy is to refund to the original source! He just could not get it into his brain that this is impossible as the original source does not exist.

He drove me to despair and I must admit I swore what he though my plight was funny. I am not sure what Country or origin but is was definitely not the UK customer care who I never have a problem with. He just thought it was a joke.

I now have to close my Paypal account after nearly 20 years all because of the this.

Any advice that has meaning would be appreciated.

Please do not repeat that it has to be paid to originating source as this is not helpful.

Thank you in advance

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@thenoname

I guess you funded it from a debit card as if it was via an old bank account it would have gone back to your paypal account balance anyway.

So as the customer services agent has already said refunds to cards AUTOMATICALLY go back to that card.

If that bank account / card no longer exists then the funds would more than likely bounce back to your paypal account balance but allow up to 30 days.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

thenoname
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks but I did say please do not state the obvious that I am already aware of it just frustrates the issue.

Paypal are fully aware that I changed bank accounts as I was the victim of identity fraud ok!

They have already made refunds into the new account (That they Approved) that would have been destined to the old originating force.

On this occasion somehow THEY mucked up and the idiot who I spoke to cannot understand plain reason.

@kernowlass wrote:

@thenoname

I guess you funded it from a debit card as if it was via an old bank account it would have gone back to your paypal account balance anyway.

So as the customer services agent has already said refunds to cards AUTOMATICALLY go back to that card.

If that bank account / card no longer exists then the funds would more than likely bounce back to your paypal account balance but allow up to 30 days.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.