Change primary postal address

mssjones
Contributor
Contributor

Each time I try to change my primary address, under "update", I get this error message: Sorry, you cannot delete your primary address. I've tried a hundered times and search the forum, every time I try to change/update it I get the same. Can anybody help? THanks.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mssjones

Try adding your new address first and then making it primary by clicking on update.

Then you should get the remove option on the old one.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mssjones

Try adding your new address first and then making it primary by clicking on update.

Then you should get the remove option on the old one.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

mssjones
Contributor
Contributor

Brilliant. Just the job. Thank you very much!

Login to Me Too

Raaddad
New Community Member

Finally after an hour of frustration this has been completed. Thanx

Login to Me Too

Ky21
New Community Member

This did nothing for me still having problem.   

Login to Me Too

PayPal_DavidR

Hi there,

Welcome to the PayPal Community.

If you have a card linked to your PayPal account that is registered to your primary address you will need to first remove the card, remove the address, add the new address and then add your card back.

-David R

Login to Me Too

dunromin
New Community Member

I can verify that. I had missed this link between cards and address when I updated all my various accounts on moving house. cha

Login to Me Too

Jill09
New Community Member
I have tried removing everything except the primary address which is my old address then tried reading new address and card still won't let me set as primary! Don't know what to do now other then close my account
Login to Me Too

Bradley_H
New Community Member
Note that the App and Online data are not the same. App should update from the data stored online ... and subsequently allow you to change that data via the App. It doesn’t. I too am unable to change my App data Primary Address. After adding a new address, the App shows no box to check to set it as the new Primary. I am deleting the App from my iPhone. One of the poorest Apps that I have had experience with.
Login to Me Too

dunromin
New Community Member

Thanks for this. I think PayPal could do better with information about moving house / changing primary address. At least I got a message about changing bank addresses before I got the "can't remove" message.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.