Change phone number

Tracy081267
New Community Member
Hi I have to change the phone number. When I login it wants to call me to verify accounti don't have the phone anymore so can't be called to give the verification code to you
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tracy081267 

You would need to contact customer services so that they can i.d. you another way and then add your new phone number to your account.

Paypal phones are mostly non operational since covid but sometimes you get lucky. (use the guest option if you can't log in).
If there is one available it will show when you click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available in your country.
Live chat is randomly available.
You can send them a message.
Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tracy081267 

You would need to contact customer services so that they can i.d. you another way and then add your new phone number to your account.

Paypal phones are mostly non operational since covid but sometimes you get lucky. (use the guest option if you can't log in).
If there is one available it will show when you click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available in your country.
Live chat is randomly available.
You can send them a message.
Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Grizy
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same problem and this worked for me (found it by accident):

• I was shopping on a web site (I suppose it does not matter which one, but just in case, it was photobookeurope.com) and proceeded to pay with PayPal (you can do a fake one and cancel it later in the process)
  • I was asked for PayPal username and password, entered it, and was logged-in without being asked for phone verification
  • I DID NOT proceed with the payment - instead, I opened another tab in the same browser session and went to paypal.com
  • I was logged to my PayPal account automatically without being asked for username, password or phone verification!
  • I updated my phone number (and even switched on two-step authentication) and logged-out (you can cancel the ongoing transaction, too)
  • I closed the browser and next time I tried to log-in to PayPal, it used new authentication method

I don't know if this will work for you but, apparently, PayPal security is not that strict when you are about to spend some money with them 🙂

Login to Me Too

SighDigh
New Community Member

This worked wonders for me. Cannot thank you enough!

Login to Me Too

Jones20
New Community Member
How do we resolve this?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.