Change phone number to another country than France.

NestorG
New Community Member

How can I change my phone number if I have a number from other country different to France (where my account was created and I had my last phone number)

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @NestorG,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting. 

I understand that you have moved country and wish to add a new phone number. If this is the case, you have to sign up for a PayPal account in the country that you are now living. I am afraid it is only possible to add a phone number in the country in which the account is registered. 

You need to close your existing PayPal account and then open a new PayPal account in the country you are now living.
Before you close your account, you need to:

• Remove all financial information such as bank accounts or credit card details from that PayPal account.
  • Make sure your balance and withdraw funds have a zero balance by clicking Withdraw at the top of the Account Overview page for that PayPal account.

If you need to open a dispute on a recent payment, you should wait until the dispute is resolved before closing your account.
Your PayPal account has been restored to full access in order for you to make the change.
We appreciate your patience and cooperation.

Here’s how to close your PayPal account:

1.     Go to www.paypal.com and log in to your account.
2.     Click the Settings icon next to "Log out."
3.     Under "Account options," click Close your account.
4.     Choose up to 3 reasons why you want to close your account and enter any additional information.
5.     Click Continue.
6.     Click Close Account.

When you close your account, the following actions occur:

• Your remaining PayPal balance converts to your primary bank account’s currency when you transfer the balance to your bank account.
  • Any unpaid money requests are automatically canceled.
  • You forfeit any unused redemption codes or coupons.

I hope this helps. 

Rachael 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.