Change of country??

Caroline_Mak2
New Community Member

hello guys,

so I'm facing this issue: initially, I created my Paypal account in Greece, but I recently moved to the US permanently. Does anyone know how to change the location settings so maybe I could receive a physical Paypal card as well?? (the card feature was not supported in Greece, hence I don't have one)

Thank you in advance

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Caroline_Mak2

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / and bank accounts from within that country.

You are supposed to withdraw any funds / resolve issues / remove cards and bank accounts before you leave your old country. If you don't then you may have problems doing so once you have moved.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Caroline_Mak2

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / and bank accounts from within that country.

You are supposed to withdraw any funds / resolve issues / remove cards and bank accounts before you leave your old country. If you don't then you may have problems doing so once you have moved.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Caroline_Mak2
New Community Member

oh, I see. Thank you so much.

So If I got this right, I can't open a new account with the same email address without having closed the Greek one first. Correct?

Login to Me Too

RaeMae
New Community Member

I have a similar problem. I originally set up a PayPal account when I lived in the US. I now moved to the UK and need to set up a new PayPal account for the UK. However, I still use the same - and only- email address. PayPal won't allow me to set up a new account under that email, as I already have an account under the same email. Do I need to set up a whole new email just to make a new PayPal account? Is there a way to cancel my old PayPal account and set up a new one using the same email address? @kernowlass do you have any advice for me? Thanks for your help!

Login to Me Too

RaeMae
New Community Member

@kernowlass One other detail I should add is because I am in the UK without access to my US mobile number I used to set up my account, I cannot even log into my US account.  It is prompting me to receive a text for security reasons, which I am unable to do from the UK. It will not allow me to add a UK number as it is a US account.

Login to Me Too

Caroline_Mak2
New Community Member

also, because the account is Greek, i can't link an american bank account to it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.